Saturday, November 7, 2009

Recipe: Macaroons with Chocolate and Orange


Macaroons with Chocolate and Orange


2 cups sweetened coconut (7oz)
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 flour
1 t. minced orange peel
1/8 t. salt
2 egg white
2 T. unsalted butter melted
1/4 t. almond extract
3 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped

Oven to 350 line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat. Whisk together coconut, sugar, flour, zest and salt in a large bowl. Stir in egg whites, butter and almond extract. Fold in chopped chocolate. Drop tablespoon sized balls onto baking sheet - cook one tray at the time. Bake 20 minutes. Let cool completely before removing.

Make these. They are divine. (source Cuisine at Home Holiday Baking Magazine)


3 comments:

  1. Um, I'm a little sad that I didn't get to try one. And I can't wait to see the haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try making these today. If they turn out, I hope you don't mind me sharing the recipe on my blog. ? Mostly just my friends and family read it. :) They sound so yummy. I'm going to try dipping them in chocolate, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you like them Sarah - we loved them!

    ReplyDelete