Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rain Craft


If you are local, you may be able to do this craft today as we are expecting more rain.

Give each child a paper plate and a whole bunch of markers. Let the kids go to town coloring their plate, just encourage them to cover the whole plate with color.


Let the kids go outside in the rain for about 30 seconds holding their plates up to catch the raindrops. Check out the cool designs the water makes - tilt plates to see raindrops of color slide around.


Come back inside and let the plates dry. Done.

22 comments:

  1. I love this idea! We are beginning a unit on weather and the seasons next week. This will be so much fun--now, just waiting on the rain:-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this craft! And your weekend cakes are beautiful... I can practically taste the chocolate just looking:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Stacey!

    Once again, I am super impressed with your kid's crafts. Love them!!

    I don't know how to email you, but I was wanting to ask if you would consider doing a guest post with one of your crafts on my blog while I'm out of town (the 1st week of June)? They are seriously inspiring- - and I have quite a few blogging friends that would really love seeing some of what you share here on your blog. :) Let me know what you think! If not, that's quite alright too.

    Thanks,
    Sarah
    www.harriganhowdy.blogspot.com
    email: mike_sarah00@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a perfect craft for Seattle!! Cannot wait to share it with my friends!!

    ReplyDelete