Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Gratitude Day #22


#1. I am grateful for this short work week. I am looking forward to having two days off from the daycare to enjoy time with just our little family.

#2. I am grateful for our friends who convinced us to combine Thanksgiving with them. We are now going to their house with the family we had invited and an additional family from our ward. This change means I am not cooking the main dishes this year - though I will most likely buy an inexpensive little turkey that day after Thanksgiving to cook up and eat with leftovers. Thank you Paula - we are excited for Thanksgiving with good friends!

#3. I am grateful for baking and cooking and trying new recipes this week! I will start baking pies during the day on Wednesday. Would you like to know what I'm making this year? OK.

  • Leek and Gruyère Bread Pudding
  • Cranberry, Sour Cherry and Grapefruit Chutney
  • Mashed Squash and Potatoes with Amaretti (I still need to find the amaretti!)
  • Roasted Cauliflower with Dates and Pine nuts
  • Sweet Potato Biscuits
  • Chocolate Mousse pie
  • Peanut Butter Pie
  • Lemon Cream Pie
  • Panna Cotta Pie with Poached Fruit
  • Pumpkin Pie (for Friday morning breakfast)
I will also make a batch of rolls for turkey sandwiches throughout the weekend. I will let you know how the recipes turn out. I love cooking.

#4. I am grateful for my little shopping buddy, Sophie. When the last child left yesterday, the two of us took our Thanksgiving shopping list and headed first to Sam's Club and then to Cub Foods. We found everything except two items. It was a COLD shopping trip - winds are about 5 degrees right now. When we got home and unloaded the piles of groceries from the van, Max managed to drop 36 eggs on the kitchen floor. I am grateful only 16 of them broke.

#5. I am grateful for the helpful guys at Sam's Club who brought out a forklift to get me a box of birdseed. The kids were excited to have the birds and squirrels back on the porch this morning!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Potato Biscuits! I forgot how good yours are. Maybe you should post that recipe too; I loved them. Have fun baking!

    ReplyDelete