Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Gratitude Day #10


1. I am grateful for thunderstorms with amazing lightening. The kids and I walked home in the storm after a program at school - I am still wet three hours later.

2. I am grateful for cell phones. I left my phone in one of the babies diaper bags during the storm and it went home with his Mother. I have no cell phone this evening and feel adrift. I entered the world of cell phones very late - maybe five years ago, and only upgraded to texting a year ago. I cannot believe how quickly that phone has become an essential part of feeling organized and connected.

3. I am grateful for the new Roots & Shoots service program at school. Today the children were treated to an excellent presentation about Pakistan as they kicked off their Pennies for Peace fund-raiser. The program is the brain child of Greg Mortenson author of Three Cups of Tea and the kids were amazed to learn that $600 will pay a teacher's salary for a whole year in Pakistan.

4. I am grateful for the end of a generally rotten day. Sometimes the only way to get rid of a bad mood is to go to bed and start over in the morning.

5. I am grateful for Calvin's devotion to the Wii. Ever since Santa brought the Wii for Christmas last year, Calvin has become my most helpful child as he tries to earn "Wii minutes". Almost every morning he wakes up early and asks if he can do a job so he can play on the Wii. It is a win win situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment