Friday, December 19, 2008

Winter Break

Today was the last day of school before a two week winter break. I anticipate a lot of reading, movies, trips to the library and playing on the snow mountain in the cul-de-sac - followed up by lots and lots of hot cocoa.

Here is that cold walk from school - we live less than 1/2 mile from the school and there are crossing guards to help the kids across the two streets to get to our house. It really is that dark when the kids get home from school at about 4:00pm.


They don't seem to mind the cold - Sophie always looks like she has been making snow angels on the way home.


Max sometimes wears his gloves and never wears his snow pants. I'm not sure why I pack them.


I do not like winter layers that end up in the entryway - do you think Santa is going to bring me that mudroom?


Sophie brought home lots of projects that are now decorating our fridge.


Two weeks of 5 kids in close quarters, here we come!

3 comments:

  1. so your kids can say that they walked to school in snow uphill both ways and be mostly right! it's a fun pic seeing them coming. enjoy your break!! it's crazy when the kids are all home, but i do love the break from the routine of school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures! Sophie look all too happy to be freezing! Their walk reminds me of walking to middle school. I had a good mile and a half or so through busy city streets with no crossing guards and the snow plow always made giant mountains of snow on every corner that were seriously 5 feet tall. I remember at times just thinking how the heck am I gonna make it? It was ridiculous! Good luck with the winter clothing mess and entertaining all the children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have decided that the main reason I live in Arizona is because of days like this!!! I am okay with no snow angels...I will go play in the dirt and at the park with my shirt, jeans and flip-flops ;)

    ReplyDelete