Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Eve Dinner


For the second year in the row, we have enjoyed Christmas Eve dinner with our dear friends, the Mazellas and the Quicks. Lori hosted dinner in her beautiful home - quite an undertaking as we had 7 adults and 12 children!

Lori likes to say that she cannot cook, but she is completely wrong. She and Thomas made Cornish game hens stuffed with wild rice and mushrooms, molasses, sherry glazed carrots, stuffed clams and a gorgeous antipasti platter. Yum! Every single thing was not only delicious, but just beautiful as well!

I brought the sweet potato rolls and the massive cake and Susan brought over two salads (including one with my favorite manchego cheese) and cupcakes for the kids. There was a lot of food and we did our best to eat as much as humanly possible.

We had a lovely dinner, the kids all got along and played together well with lots of running and chasing as they worked off their dinners. After cutting the massive cake, the adults crashed on the couches and wished we were in pajamas so we could just drift off to sleep.


I am truly, truly grateful for the amazing women in my life - my friends. I am blessed to be surrounded be women who I admire, who inspire me, uplift me and listen to me when I need a listening ear. I would like to thank them for touching my life in such a positive way. Thank you for being wonderful friends!

And Merry Christmas to all of you who visit this blog and share in our story. We wish you the very best this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment