Sunday, December 9, 2007

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

The first major snowstorm of the season hit us last Saturday. It literally snowed the entire day! My girlfriend Susan and I ran out for take-out breakfast (yum! Jenson's - best breakfast around!) on our way to a baptism at the church that morning and the roads were already pretty awful!
The bishop ended up canceling the ward Christmas party scheduled for that evening due to the roads. So, the party was rescheduled for after church on Sunday. The entire program had to be canceled as well since the party was now on Sunday and most of the program was secular, so I was asked to put together a quick nativity scene for the primary kids to perform instead of the planned program.
We had one hour to rehearse and put the whole thing together! Luckily the bishops wife had a ton of nativity costumes which she brought along with a script. I read the script for the first time during sacrament meeting and since I had a very limited number of kids sitting next to me, I handed a copy to Sophie and said "hey, you're going to the angel in our play today - learn these lines!" She did a great job and was a darling angel. Max was a wise man and he also played Silent Night on the piano. The primary kids sang three songs together including "When Joseph Went to Bethlehem" - one of my favorites!



1 comment:

  1. I love the background! What an awesome thing to have thrown the whole play together on such short notice!

    ReplyDelete