Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Barfed Up Lung Returns

When Greg and I were in High School, Greg was enrolled in pottery class. I really cannot remember at this time why I was not in pottery class - will have to ask Greg.

Greg made all sorts of varied and lovely pottery creations. In 1989 he graduated from beginner pinch pots to multiple pinch pots connected. He made this lovely creation with the help of a decorative pie cutter and a complex multi-glaze technique. When he proudly showed it to me upon it's completion, I remarked that it looked like a barfed up lung. I stand by my assessment. The lung shockingly did not make the senior art show.

THIS is what I found mere days after Greg's visit! We have been trading back and forth this work of art for the last 17 years. I think Greg has had it for the last 8 or so and he has been waiting for the perfect moment to unload it on me again. What do you think? Should I leave it on the bookcase until I can slip it back to Greg? Wait, people might think I made it!

1 comment:

  1. keep it there. it actually looks pretty good. my aunt and i played this game with some tacky stuff we found when we cleaned out my grandparents' farm. that's why i'm the current owner of a painting of an arab man on black velveteenish background! i don't currently display this item as it probably is not the best post 9/11 conversation starter.

    ReplyDelete