Monday, December 21, 2009

Teacher Gifts

Teacher gifts went out today - a hand made posy pin. Three for Max and three for Sophie. One more thing done!


More gratitude this week and I know I am forgetting things.

1. I am grateful for Marsha who came over on Friday to help with crafting and then came back when I could not get my sewing machine to sew a straight line (I had it threaded wrong) and needed to finish the gifts for the baby boys. I forgot to take a photo of them, but they were super cute!

2. I am grateful for Ken and Brad who spent a long time with with Max on Sunday night helping him construct his fourth grade invention. It would have taken me all night and many tears to accomplish what took 2 engineers and a 9 year old about an hour. Bless you.

3. I am grateful to Gary who stopped by today after I told him about the growing mountain of pure ice forming below the faucet on the front of the house. Though several people had looked in the basement - including me, Gary spotted the problem right away. The water was not shut off to the front hose. I am grateful that the pipe did not burst. I am grateful that there are so may people I can ask for help when I know something is wrong but do not know how to fix it.

4. I am grateful though my waistline is not, for the four (yes four!) plates of cookies dropped off tonight by sweet families in our ward. I told the children we could have cookies and milk for breakfast and they went to be giddy with anticipation for morning. Conveniently, my digital scale stopped working a couple of months ago. I am not buying another one until after the holidays. Thank you kind baking friends.

5. I am grateful for the excitement of a five year old. He greets the postman and the UPS man with a huge smile every day and just loves the thrill of opening brown packages and finding the colorfully wrapped gifts inside. He is so excited for Christmas! It is the perfect age - he still believes in Santa, he knows what Christmas is really about, his prayers right now talk a lot about listening to the good guys and not the bad guys and being helpful and kind, he is young enough to be grateful for every gift yet would be satisfied with a DVD and a bag of candy. I love this age. I wish I could bottle it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment