Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Misery Loves Mondays


I never revealed what I got done last weekend. Not a whole lot. I watched a bad movie (The LDS version of Pride and Prejudice - so awful), read a lame book, stayed up late and slept in, watched a fairly good movie (The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill and Came Down a Mountain), packed away the last of Christmas and got it stored away for the year, did a bunch of bills and paperwork, loads and loads of laundry and some cleaning. I did not fill my etsy shop, clean the craft room or my bedroom nor did I get to the store. I stayed in my pajamas all day on Saturday and that was lovely. Lovely.

Just in case you thought 2010 was going to be bump-free because 2009 was the year of potholes, let me tell you that you are wrong. On Monday, Sophie went to the dentist to have her cavity filled. They gave her laughing gas which made her feel like she was floating off the chair. A little later they came to see me in the waiting room where I was holed up with three other kids. Sophie's $160 cavity was infected/large and is now a $650.00 cavity/baby root canal/crown procedure. I said pull it out, they said they would have to put in a bridge. She has to go back in two weeks. They did not give me any laughing gas though I could have used some.

On Monday my ex-husband though not legally ex yet, lost his job.

2010 is not going to be some walk in the park.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so so sorry Stacey. If I could reach through this computer, you would feel me squeezing you tight. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek. Wow. Big loves again from us to you. I'm seriously praying for you guys... here's to a better tomorrow. I wish there was something we could do from afar besides pray. Any ideas?

    Emily Mc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2009 wasn't our best year either, but at least I am very grateful we are together. I truly empathize on the dentist. I hate dentists collectively, but most especially with my children. I'm somewhat of a dentist whore I guess because we are constantly switching. Funny too that you watched English Man who... because we did too that weekend. I had seen it before but enjoyed it again the second time. Very cute. Much luck to you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete