Thursday, October 2, 2008

She Cooks!

I love crunchy salads and this is my current favorite: Black Bean Quinoa Salad. The quinoa is actually a seed, full of protein! You cook it just like you would rice and then spread it on a cookie sheet to cool - I usually pop mine in the fridge while I finish cutting up the vegis. Add lots of celery, red, green and yellow peppers, red onion, jalapeƱo (no seeds), fresh corn cut off the cob and lots and lots of cilantro. I also omit the red wine vinegar simply because I always forget to add it, and increase the fresh lime juice (equal parts lime juice and olive oil). It will keep in your fridge for a week and is delicious!

2 comments:

  1. I'm always looking for a good, crunchy salad and this one looks particularly interesting. So I'm going to take your recommendation and give it a try. Looks pretty tasty. Do your children like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. does look interesting. i think i'll try it. i've made your chocolate bundt cake thing many times. very yummy.

    ReplyDelete