Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkin Cookies

After a cold walk home from school yesterday, the kids wanted a warm and yummy snack. Since I had been blog hopping earlier that day, I knew just what I wanted to make - Pumpkin Cookies with brown sugar icing.

Natalie and Sophie helped me whisk the icing and frost the cookies.


I found the cookies to be a great incentive to get Max and Sophie to do their math in a timely manner. Bribery - works every time.


I found the recipe for the cookies on Melissa's site. She also made these insanely beautiful silhouette cookies for a fund raiser for Stephanie and Christian. Check out Melissa's other cake and cookies while you browse her blog - and then check out her food storage! She could be Martha Stewart's long lost sister - very impressive (and just a bit intimidating - how is this woman so THIN while baking all of the time?!?).

6 comments:

  1. What is Sophie doing in a tank top in October? Isn't she freezing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered if anyone would notice that! She had on a sweater for school, but decided that she was too hot when she got home. We have started seeing frost in the morning so it is defiantly cold around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still in the 60s and sunny here in OR. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've got frost here in the morning too. It's been in the 30's and 40's. About a week and a half ago I slipped/skidded on black ice in my church shoes on the way out to the car.
    Thanks for the new recipe, I will have to give it a try sometime. I just made a zuchini bread with whole wheat flour and cream cheese frosting that was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made these cookies today! Yum, Yum, Yum!!! They are soooo good! I think may be even better tomorrow (if they last that long!!) after the flavors 'blend' together.

    So a big Thank You for whoever posted that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made the pumpkin cookies this evening. They are delicious so thank you for sharing! How do you get the frosting on so nicely? Mine dribbled down the sides and everywhere.

    ReplyDelete