Tuesday, October 21, 2008

If you have not read this

If you have not read this, you need to take a moment to be inspired by it's message. How often do we see trials in our lives and wish for them to be resolved immediately. I have been spending a lot of time lately reflecting on my family, my marriage, poor decisions, disappointments and my own personal journey. Sometimes it is so difficult to step back and see the slow but steady progress in our lives and in the lives of those we love. I love the message Lisa shares - it. takes. time.

"In the healthy family, first and best, we can learn to listen, forgive, praise, and to rejoice in the achievements of others. There also we can learn to tame our egos, work, repent, and love. In families with spiritual perspective, yesterday need not hold tomorrow hostage. If we sometimes act the fool, loving families know this is not our last act; the curtain is not rung down." Neal A. Maxwell

3 comments:

  1. the following link is to another heartbreaking story - http://sccsdecker.blogspot.com. Really makes me appreciate all the blessings I have in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masha - I followed a link to that same story from CJane's site. So sad and almost unbelievable that the birth could have gone so wrong. I am so grateful for my three healthy pregnancies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not Noah, I just can't figure out how to change it to my login! Anyway, I have had that quote my Elder Maxwell laminated in my scriptures for years. We don't realize when we're young how much further we really all have to go and what we are going to go through till the very end. I love that.

    ReplyDelete