Sunday, October 5, 2008

An Apple A Day

I am starting a project. It is called Friday Field Trips and it is one way I am preparing myself to not go crazy this winter - like say, last winter. Every Friday I plan on taking the kids on a field trip - preferably someplace free. Since the weather is still nice, this Friday we took a tour of three apple orchards in Hastings.

It was sunny and warm and the leaves are starting to turn - perfect weather for the orchard. We only picked apples at the first place, and raspberries, but we had a marvelous time at all three orchards. I found some baby pears for $1.00 a bag and some little plums for $1.00 as well. We brought a picnic lunch and the kids ate in the grass at one of the orchards.

Kelly and I ended up staying from about 10:00 - 3:30 which is a bit LONG, but we found a beautiful trail at the St. Croix nature center and spent some extra time on a hike through the woods. We never did find the elusive apple cider donut, so we are planning on hitting up some other local orchards soon! All of the kiddos were exhausted by the time we headed home - a sure sign of success!

5 comments:

  1. Those pictures are great! Looks like the kids had a wonderful time and beautiful weather! I love fall (at least early fall when the weather is cooler & the leaves change colors).

    Can't wait to see what you do next Friday.

    by the way, tell Brian 'Congratulations' on his marathon finish - I don't think I'm to leave a comment on his blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me borrow your pictures!They look great. What a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our ward has Friday activities for all the moms and young children all year round. It's a great idea, they do some really fun things. Your first field trip looks like it went really well. Looks like a beautiful day and a fun place to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun...wish I still had a child at home so I could join you!!

    ReplyDelete