Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Friday Night Field Trip

Even though I was entirely exhausted from our Friday field trip, Bryan came home Friday early on Friday night so we could take the kids over to the nature center at Lebanon Hills Park. The center is about 5 minutes from our house and they host free programs several times a year. I was hoping the kids would not want to go because frankly, I was tired, but I am so glad they dragged me there!

I loved the painting activity with vegetables and fruits and leaves. They had animal masks for the kids to make, lots of nature games, make-your-own bird feeders with oranges and apples and seeds and at the end of the night, a huge bonfire with smores! We saw four huge deer running through the parking lot as we left. Very fun and very free. Love that.

2 comments:

  1. i'm impressed you had the energy to go too. hope they all slept in on saturday from all the exhaustion.

    p.s. love the hairclips and the pics from the farms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know about these fun programs. They sound great. Hopefully we will run into you guys at the next one!

    ReplyDelete