Thursday, January 14, 2010

Recipe: Fancy Lemon Pound Cake with Glaze


This is another recipe from my new Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Cookbook. I loved the cake but if I were to make it again, I would make a glaze that did not have butter in it. My kids inhaled this for breakfast.

ingredients
1 1/2 cup cake flour
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 T. lemon zest
2 t. fresh lemon juice
4 large eggs
2 t. vanilla
1 cup unsalted butter melted

glaze
2 T. melted butter
2 T. fresh lemon juice
1 cup confectioners sugar

Oven to 350. Butter and flour loaf pan.
Whisk flour, baking powder and salt. In food processor, pulse sugar and zest until combined. Add lemon juice, eggs and vanilla. With machine running add 1 cup melted butter. Transfer to large bowl and fold in flour mixture until just combined.
Bake 60-70 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes in pan and then completely on a rack. Drizzle with glaze.

2 comments:

  1. Try this one for lemon poundcake. When I pour the lemon syrup I flip over the poundcakes so that they soak into the bottom. And it doesn't make it soggy.

    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/lemon-cake-recipe/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made Ina's before - it is delicious!! I like how this one set up and how it cuts, but I did not like the taste of butter in the glaze. It seemed to heavy and I wanted it to be tangy.

    ReplyDelete