Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Recipe: Brown Sugar Pound Cakes


Mmmmmmmmmmmm!

I made these babies on Sunday morning to give to some sweet ladies. They are from the Martha Stewart Cupcake Cookbook which Susan gave to me for my birthday. Darn you Susan! My thighs curse you and your calorie laden gift! You can see the recipe here.

When they first came out of the oven, I gave some to the kids for breakfast - because I am that kind of Mom - and I thought they were just ok. I expected more. But then, then I made the glaze. Let's take a look.

Oh baby.



Are you seeing the brown butter specks and the vanilla bean specks?

Gorgeous.

Can you handle one more?


Yummmmmmm. Add the icing and these things are divine.


Luckily for my thighs, I gave most of these away. But it was tough. Reeeally tough.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, these sound sooooooo good!! I would also have to give them away. Are they difficult to make? I made a cake, from a Martha Stewart magazine, and it was quite complicated but delicious.

    ReplyDelete