Saturday, January 30, 2010

Puzzled?

I made it through Thursday on pure adrenaline. I had these kids here (not all at the same time) 9, 8, 8, 8, 8, 5, 3, 3, 3, 2, 13 months, 7 months, 4 months. I had three diet cokes - ok, maybe four but whose counting?

Once they all left for the day at 6:00pm, I went to the grocery store, dollar store, library, McDonalds (kids dinner on the run) Chipotle (my dinner on the run), Target and Papa Murphys (birthday party dinner). Somehow when days are that busy, I do not feel tired until the next day.

Friday morning I woke with a horrible stomach ache, nausea and other issues I will spare you from and spent the morning on the couch with a heating pad clutched to my stomach. The kids ran wild. There was no school which means it was LOUD all day long. I did manage to make them breakfast and lunch and even do a project for a friend, but there were no crafts on Friday. Instead, the kids did a lot of puzzles and play foam. Sophie's girlfriends started arriving in the afternoon for her birthday sleepover.

It is now Saturday. It is 2:00, the last girl just left and took Sophie with her for a play date. The house is suddenly quiet as Max is reading somewhere and Calvin is having a Star Wars battle with himself in the toy room.

I have a date with my bed. Do I clean now and nap later or nap now and clean later?

1 comment:

  1. hope you chose nap then clean (although i was glad to see nap was on the schedule regardless of order).

    ReplyDelete