Thursday, January 14, 2010

One More Day


Went to the dentist yesterday. I have a large cavity on my bicuspid next to the tooth with the root canal. She scheduled the filling/possible root canal for Monday. The Tylenol with codeine the dentist prescribed? - useless. I spent last night texting my doctor friends about just how many drugs I could take as the pain was just relentless. 4 Tylenol Codeine and 12 Advil later it was morning and I got no sleep - again.
Three nights of lots of drugs = nasty stomach cramps all day today.

Surprisingly, I was so exhausted today that I was actually alert - does that make sense? Sweet Marsha stopped by to help with the kids this morning. I called the dentist again to ask for something stronger to help me sleep and she said that if the Tylenol was doing nothing, I had an infection and needed to see an endodontist for a root canal. Crap. Crap. Crap.

Endodontist root canal = $998.00
Convincing the director of the graduate dental program at the U of M to let me in to their program = $550.00

I am headed in tomorrow. Thank you Marsha and Paula for watching the kids for me.

I'm off to try really really hard to get some sleep. Thank you for letting me whine.

**edit - Thanks to a tip from Koo 2 Tylenol PM + 4 Advil = sleep for me!! I could hardly believe it when I woke up this morning! Thanks for the tip Koo. I love sleep.

2 comments:

  1. LAME. Hope it all goes well.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the procedure went well today! Glad you had some good sleep.

    ReplyDelete