Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thankful Day #7 (but the first one for me)


For the past few years, I have tried to write five things I am grateful for every day during the month of November.  I'm off to a rocky start this year (read, no start at all), but I believe it is a valuable reminder of all that I have and so I am going to start today.

1. I am grateful for my new job.  I am the Office Manager for a small dental practice.  The people are lovely and the job is challenging as there is no one to train me on the dental software and I have no previous experience with dental coding.  It is a challenge, but I love a good challenge and I am just so grateful to be employed!

2. I am grateful (SO grateful) for my sister Heather who is watching my children before and after school.  They are safe and cared for and they love hanging out with their cousins every day.  I am so grateful to not have to worry about them while I am at work.

3. I am grateful for three little kids who are rolling with the punches.  Two days a week I start work at about 6:45am which means we have to be out the door, ready for school at 5:45ish in order for me to drop them off at Heather's and get across town to work.  It is early, but they are doing great.  We are starting the process of trying to find a rental home closer to Heather's so our mornings do not have to start quite so early!

4. I am grateful for the fall colors.  The leaves are beautiful right now and a surprising number are still on the trees.  It is my favorite season.

5. I am grateful for Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate when I am crampy, grumpy and need something warm and soothing in my belly post haste.  No one ever tell me how many calories are in one of those things.  Thanks. 




2 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I am going to start doing this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your job, Stacey! Heather is the best. I can't wait to come to Portland on my spring break and hang out with everyone!
    PS Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate is soooo yummmmmm. Calories? What calories? :)

    ReplyDelete