Saturday, January 5, 2008

And the sick goes on . . . and on . . .

It was sweet little Sophie's birthday yesterday. It is hard to believe she is already six years old! She is still a tiny little thing - we weighed her yesterday and she is 33 pounds!

Sophie started to feel under the weather on Thursday and by the morning of her birthday had a full-blown fever and looked quite similar to Calvin's sicko photo several posts ago. Poor thing. She spent the day trying really hard to enjoy her birthday, but she couldn't eat anything and just wanted to sleep or be held. I did make a cake for her - she chose an ice cream sundae cake. It is a chocolate sheet cake filled with mint chocolate chip ice cream and served with hot fudge sauce and whipped creme. She took one taste and went to bed with a dose of Motrin. Before she went to bed she looked up with big tears in her eyes and said "Mom, this is not how I planned to spend my birthday. This is the worst birthday ever!"

Luckily for her, she is having a party next Saturday and hopefully she will be feeling all better and be able to enjoy herself!

I wanted to post this beautiful gift my friend Vickie gave me for Christmas! She made this frame with sheet metal inside and clear magnet photo frames. I think it is amazing and filled it with some of my favorite photos from 2007. It is in our living room on top of the piano. Thank you Vickie!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sophie! What a sad day, I hope you get better so you can really celebrate!

    Greg sent a really cute comment under Calvin's sick pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Sophie. I hope you are feeling better and that your party was a lot more fun!

    By the way I am so jealous of that frame! How beautiful! What a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous was me!!

    ReplyDelete