Thursday, November 20, 2008

Banana Chip Whole Wheat Muffins


I seem to be making a lot of muffins lately. This is partially due to the fact that we are trying to have breakfast together every morning. We are finally reading the scriptures together on a pretty regular basis - Bryan and I read out loud while the kids are eating. We also use the time to go over the calender, recognize those who have done a service on the gratitude wall and share an inspiring quote about Thanksgiving. Does it happen every morning? No. Do I wish it did? - YES. We get along better, feel more like a family unit and I certainly feel less stressed when we start our morning together with prayer and scriptures.


I'm submitting this recipe as part of the holiday recipe extravaganza even though I really would not consider this to be a holiday recipe. I am going to try and post a couple of recipes per week through the holidays.


Banana Chip Whole Wheat Muffins
makes 2 dozen

In a bowl mash together 2 cups (about 5 big mushy bananas) banana, 4 eggs, 2/3 c. vegetable oil, 1/2 cup skim milk. In another bowl whisk 2 cups flour, 2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 4 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add the wet to the dry and stir. At this point you can add chopped nuts, chocolate chips or both. Divide between 24 muffin tins and sprinkle the tops with cinnamon and sugar if desired. I bake these in a silicon muffin tin with just a spray of Pam instead of liners. Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment