Friday, October 29, 2010

Pancake Shortcut


Here is a little shortcut trick for super busy mornings. When complete pancake mixes (as in just add milk or water) go on sale at the grocery store ($1.99 around here) I pick up several to have on hand. Make the mix according to directions and then add a can of pumpkin and a teaspoon or two of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon and nutmeg. These are great with homemade buttermilk syrup (which you can store in your fridge for weeks) or warm homemade applesauce.

I always make the entire box because I set the leftover pancakes out on a plate and the kids wolf them down cold after school. I usually use this if I have more than 10 kids to feed at breakfast and morning is insane.

1 comment:

  1. Our MN neighbors are here visiting, so I made these. I usually make them from scratch, but I didn't bring the recipe with me. These were simple and delicious!! Thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete