Friday, March 28, 2008

Recipes from the Baby Shower

Here are the recipes we made for the baby shower. I ate myself silly and thoroughly enjoyed all the yummy new things we made! I did not take a photo, but I also made my favorite scone, the orange, chocolate, cherry scone from The Great Book of Chocolate. I would like to have these scones for my last meal, whenever that is. They really are that good. By the way, I buy a lot of my cookbooks from Amazon on the used section. I can usually find a great deal like I did on this one!


These are a white chocolate, walnut apricot scone. The Recipe is from Bread for Breakfast.
They are much denser than a traditional scone because there is egg in them. I would highly recommend the cookbook - yum!


These are Joni's cinnamon rolls. She promised to send the recipe and as soon as she does I will post it here. They were really beautiful as she made them in a spring form pan and they were so tall and fluffy! These were Calvin and Sophie's favorite.

Citrus Sugar Cookies
These are my favorite new sugar cookie recipe. We used a combination of lemon and orange zest and then glazed them with a lemon juice and powdered sugar glaze.

Spinach Feta Red Pepper Quiche
For this one Koo doubled the eggs and the cheese, left out the spinach and added mushrooms and shredded Colby and green onions. It was soooo good!

Spinach Puff Pastry Quiche
Koo made this with fresh spinach and added and extra egg and cream and 4 oz. of cream cheese instead of 3. Yum! (This was my favorite)

Bacon and Green Chili Quiche
Koo doubled the chilies in this recipe. Very tasty!

Peanut Butter and Fudge Brownies with Salted PeanutsThese are sinfully good! One suggestion. I made them the night before and then put them in the fridge overnight. Before cutting, you need to bring them to room temperature or the ganache will crack on the top. We ate a whole bunch with cracked tops because we could not wait until they came to room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment