Monday, October 29, 2007

Max's Spelling List


Max brings home a spelling list every week from 2nd grade. Today I pulled it out of his folder and this is his list.

1. disguise
2. fountain
3. heroine
4. gesticulate
5. glockenspiel
6. heirloom
7. hearsay
8. journalism
9. caught
10. usually
11. stopped
12. outside

Things I ponder: Glockenspiel?!? I love the fact that I had to look at his list to spell that correctly. Try using it in a sentence. Gesticulate?!? Who exactly uses this word?! If my child knows how to spell it do I have to start using it?

I asked Max who chose the words and he told me the students are allowed to choose their spelling lists from a list provided by their teacher, but "because I am so cunning, my teacher lets me choose mine from the dictionary. "

1 comment:

  1. i love it! he already has way better vocab than me. i love the photo to accompany this post.

    ReplyDelete