Saturday, May 5, 2012

Silence


These three are with their Dad today.  It has been almost a year since they have seen him and needless to say, they were VERY EXCITED when he actually came to town.  I hope it is a good visit.  I hope they have a wonderful weekend, make some good memories and try and catch up on the past year.  Divorce is so hard on kids.  Even when it feels like I have created a routine and things are stable and predictable for them, it is difficult to know what they are feeling inside.

The house is screaming with silence today.  I read a book.  I watched the new Sense and Sensibility for the tenth time while eating breakfast and editing photos and answering emails.  Now I am going to tackle the mess that s my bedroom.  I am grateful for the alone time, but hardly know what to do with myself when they are gone.  It is no longer our normal.

2 comments:

  1. Stac, they are so adorable. You have done such a great job with them. Honestly! God bless the single moms out there. My sister is also a single mom. I look up to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great that they are happy to see him too. It would be so nice to be able to have that heart of a child. I hope it's a really loving and happy day spent together.

    ReplyDelete