Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Japanese Gardens, Portland


We had a nearly perfect Portland weekend.  The temperatures soared into the 80's, the sky remained bright blue and everything is blooming.  Gorgeous.

My wonderful friend Kelly flew in from Minnesota and we played tourist for the entire weekend.  Most of my photos are i-phone shots, but on Friday I did manage to bring the nice camera over to the Japanese Gardens in Washington park.  It is one of my favorite places.

  


Kelly is seven months pregnant with another baby girl - she and Ken make really cute baby girls.











Stunning no?

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful park! I'd say you're very fortunate to have such a beautiful place to visit. And how nice your friend, Kelly, was able to come and visit for a while. How many children do they have? All girls? Best wishes to them on their soon-to-be new arrival!

    Xoxoxo

    Aunt barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see some pictures of your place and what you're doing with it. Did I miss and you already posted? I'm trying to pull my house together and would love some decorating ideas. I spent yesterday planting with Sarah as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the garden’s design! It looks so simple, but it definitely took time to make. The Japanese always wanted things simple and that’s how they designed their garden. It’s meant to help them relax. I would like to have one, if I do say so myself. I’d have a little Koi fish pond with a small fountain, surrounded by plants. Wouldn’t it be grand just to spend the day doing yoga or just reading a book right by your very meditative pond?

    ReplyDelete