Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Greetings

 

 I love Easter weekend.  Friends and sun, Easter egg hunts and time outside in the beautiful sunshine.  Portland obliged us with clear, warm sunny weather the entire weekend and we took advantage of it with a morning brunch and long hike on Saturday.  On Sunday we enjoyed church and a wonderful message on the resurrection of Christ and then headed up to Washington for a potluck Easter dinner with friends.  It was a lovely weekend.

This is the cake I brought to the potluck - a lemon pound cake.  I've made it before and it is just a good as it was last time.  The recipe is in Luscious Lemon Desserts.  I also made a potato salad that I'll post the recipe for soon.

 

I am also grateful Cadbury Mini Egg season is over.  Those things are evil . . . and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment