Thursday, February 24, 2011

Recipe: Roasted Root Vegetable Soup


Very simple. Very, very good.

To make, peel (I do not peel the carrots) and chop up a whole bunch of vegetables into large chunks. This particular time I used sweet potatoes, turnips, parsnip, celery, garlic cloves, red onion, carrots and butternut squash. Throw them into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, kosher salt, pepper and chopped rosemary. Toss.

Spread the vegetables out on a cookie sheet (I had to use two) and cook for 30 minutes per side at 350 degrees or until tender. Aren't they pretty? At this point, you could serve these with dinner, but today we are making soup!


When cooked, puree the vegetables in your food processor with chicken or vegetable broth until you have the consistency you desire. Pour into pot on stove to keep warm. Season to taste.


I toasted up some garlic croƻtons to serve on top. So delicious on a cold winter afternoon!

2 comments:

  1. I so love soup and I have to admit this one is really tempting. Especially because it’s snowing here and it is very cold. And I need something to warm up. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the ingredients yesterday and am trying this tonight for dinner! (It's been COLD & rainy here in Vegas, so a great excuse for soup.) Thanks for the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete