Monday, November 15, 2010

Gratitude Day #14


#1. I am grateful for Sundays. I am grateful for my church, really good sacrament talks and a congregation of kind and loving people.

#2. I am grateful for little acts of service. The boy who normally mows our lawn cleared the snow from the bottom of our driveway Sunday morning. I am grateful for parents who raise good kids.

#3. I am grateful for new recipes. I made cookies Sunday night for some of the neighbors and tried a new recipe from Martha's Special Holiday Cookie magazine. The last few years I have been disappointed with that issue, but this year there are about 20 recipes I want to try.

#4. I am grateful for snuggly boys. It has become chilly around here - especially at night. Last night just as I was drifting off to sleep, curled up tight for warmth, I heard the padding of little feet coming down the short hall and into my room. Calvin soon climbed into bed with me and snuggled up close for the night. Much warmer. Much better.

#5. I am grateful for good books and I know I have already said this but I am reading Born to Run by Christopher McDougall right now and it is excellent. Go request it from your local library - it is fascinating and funny and worth reading even if you have no intention of ever running an ultra-marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment