Saturday, January 1, 2011

Recipe: Triple Berry White Chocolate Trifle


This is another trifle I made for dinner with friends over the Christmas weekend. The recipe is loosely based on this one, but I could not find ladyfingers at the store so I made a pound cake instead. I made the white chocolate mousse from the epicurious recipe.

The pound cake recipe is called Honey Vanilla Pound Cake from the Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics Cookbook (which I received for Christmas - thank you David and Trisha!). For the berry layer, I combined a jar of raspberry rhubarb preserves with frozen strawberries and blueberries and warmed them up on the stove to make the preserves liquid.

My thoughts: I filled my trifle bowl way too full. The pound cake needed some almond extract or something to make it stand out more when combined with the while chocolate mousse, berries and whipped cream. The trifle would have been better if I had made it the day before and let the berries really soak into the pound cake. It was good, but not great. I'd like to try it again with the ladyfingers as written.


Head over to Cream Puffs in Venice for Sugar High Friday and more trifle recipes!

3 comments:

  1. It looks good to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't made trifle in a LONG time. Hmmmm . . . maybe it's time to try it again! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the Barefoot Contessa's Raspberry Orange cream trifle--delicious. Byerly's moved the lady fingers to the frozen section--did you try there?

    ReplyDelete