Monday, January 26, 2009

Accidental Birthday Cake

Last night, I fed 11 people dinner including the missionaries. I made this new recipe: chocolate devils food cake with sour cream chocolate orange icing. Calvin said it looked like a birthday cake.


Lo, and behold, it just happened to be Evi's 2nd birthday yesterday! Evi is impossibley small for a 2 year old. Her parents will be able to pass her off as under two on domestic flights for another year at least.


This is all that remained this morning. Are you thinking "why, that's just the right size for breakfast!" So was I - and it was.

4 comments:

  1. The cake looks delicious (which obviously must have been since it's all gone(, but I really love the cake plate! Very pretty.

    Is it depression glass?

    xoxo

    Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it is depression glass - my sister Koo gave it to me several years ago on my birthday. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree, I love that cake stand. I've noticed it before in other pictures and thought it was just beautiful! Post the recipe for that cake and definitely the icing when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete