Monday, September 12, 2011

On The Road

Months ago, we drove across the United States from Minnesota into Idaho, down to Utah and finally up to Oregon.  Here are a few things I remember about this trip.

1. I love a good road trip
2. This particular road trip was a little scary only because we were taking a road trip to start a new life and leaving behind so many friends
3. It is rather nice to caravan and switch drivers (my parents drove out with us to help us make the move)
4. My car was so full of everything we might need for the months we would be living with my sister that there was only room for one passenger in the back seat.  Every other surface was packed full including the passenger seat in the front
5.  We live in a beautiful country
6. Our country was flooding - everywhere
7. The snow was higher than the car in the mountains of Wyoming - at the end of June
8.  Snacks, caffeine and good music are essential to a happy road trip
9. I prefer to get off the interstate and take the back roads and explore
10. My kids love hotels with pools and hotel breakfasts
11.  You will gain weight on a road trip
12.  We had an amazing drive through Yellowstone.  See if you can find bison, a wolf, a brown bear and a moose in these photos
13. It feels really good to finally get out of the car and get back to some sort of a routine


















1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of the Buffalo walking along side of your car. That happened to me once.
    A Buffalo is a mean ugly animal!

    Natalie Hanlon

    ReplyDelete