Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Continuing My Education


I have had Photoshop for several years but could not use it on my old computer - no CD drive. My sister picked it up for me when she was a student years ago and now that I have a laptop, I finally have the opportunity to edit my photos. The problem? I have no idea how to work Photoshop. None. All of the photos on this blog have been straight from camera with a little cropping and adjustment of contrast.

I want to go to school. I want to learn to use my camera. I want to know my way around this program. I have been researching some on-line classes and will tell you what I come up with. In the meantime, I have discovered the magic of actions and spent some time last night experimenting with some I found for free on-line. Straight from camera shot above. How do you make the eyes pop?



2 comments:

  1. i've had photoshop for a year and still have so much to figure out. i can do some basic digital scrapbooking and made an invite once, but know nothing about editing photos. good luck figuring it out. looks like you're having fun figuring it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Elements, although have recently gotten Photoshop- - pretty close to the same thing. I learned a whole lot on a website called www.ILovePhotography.com. You have to join it, but it's free. It has so much info, it's mind-boggling. Have fun with your newly discovered toy! :)

    Blessings!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete